Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a city that will capture your heart with its charm, beauty, and rich history. The city boasts stunning architecture, picturesque gardens, and a lively cultural scene that will leave you in awe. Take a stroll through the historic Old Town, explore the stunning Mirabell Palace and Gardens, and discover the hidden gems that make Salzburg so unique. Whether you are a lover of music, art, or history, Salzburg has something for everyone. The city is also surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes, including the famous Alps, providing visitors with endless opportunities for outdoor activities.
What you’ll love most about Salzburg
- A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Old Town of Salzburg is a beautiful maze of narrow streets and alleys, with stunning baroque architecture, churches, and museums
- Located on a hill overlooking the city, the medieval Hohensalzburg Fortress offers breathtaking views of Salzburg and its surroundings
- One the most beautiful gardens in Europe, the Mirabell Palace and Gardens is a stunning example of baroque landscaping and a popular spot for weddings and photo shoots
- Visit the house where Mozart was born and raised, which has been converted into a museum showcasing his life and work
- Explore the locations where the famous movie Sound of Music was filmed and learn about the real von Trapp family’s history
- Take a relaxing cruise along the Salzach River and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Salzburg and its surroundings