Located on the southwest of New Zealand’s South Island, Queenstown and the Fiordland region offer a melting pot of active experiences and culinary delights that are unparalleled to anywhere else on Earth.
What you’ll love most about Queenstown & Fiordland
- Queenstown is just two hours by car from Lake Te Anau, so considered a superb gateway to Fiordland on the west coast and its many treasures such as Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound and Manapouri
- If you’re seeking adventure, Queenstown has it all, from bungy jumping, jet-boat rides, white-water rapids, skydiving, paragliding and even heli-skiing in the winter months between June and October
- While Fiordland does offer jet-boat rides and helicopter trips, the pace of activities here is somewhat more relaxed. Think kayaking and leisurely day hikes
- Why not spend several days in Fiordland and take an overnight boat cruise on Milford or Doubtful sound? Spend time at the magical Te Anau Gloworm Caves or explore Milford’s depths on a scuba trip
- Back in Queenstown, take the gondola to Bob’s Peak for panoramic views of The Remarkables range and Lake Wakatipu, unwind at the Onsen Hot Pools or immerse yourself in the city’s food and wine scene