A lesser-known, yet increasingly popular Emirate amongst discerning holidaymakers, Ras al Khaimah is emerging from the shadow of Dubai and Abu Dhabi as an enticing holiday destination in its own right.
Located a short distance from Dubai, the Emirate of Ras al Khaimah sets itself apart by offering a multitude of activities to keep you occupied, whether you’re interested in hiking across challenging terrain, traversing vast deserts in an off-roader, teeing off on world-class golf courses or admiring its lavish mosques.
Get an authentic experience of Arabia with a holiday to Ras al Khaimah, where quiet beaches and a growing number of quality resorts will leave you suitably enchanted.
What you’ll love most about Ras Al Khaimah
- At over 2.8km, Jais Flight is the longest zipline in the world. Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience from 1,680 metres above the Arabian Gulf as you soar across the cloud-piercing Jebel Jais mountain peaks
- Adventurers will love the Bear Grylls Explorers Camp with its various obstacles to navigate such as rope swings and wobbly bridges
- Set in the grounds of the Ritz Carlton Al Wadi is the stunning desert hideaway of Sonara Camp. Here you can dine amongst the Arabian wilderness, take a camel ride or participate in sandboarding
- Stroll the 3km waterfront promenade of Corniche Al Qawasim with its international restaurants cafes and access to water activities. You can take the RAK Eye ferris wheel for incredible views over the Grand Mosque and lush mangroves
- Close to the coastal walkways and Corniche Al Qawasim promenade is Flamingo Beach that is a great spot for appreciating the sunsets and wading in the shallow shores
Discover more about the best things to do in Ras Al Khaimah with our dedicated guide.