Located on the eastern Atlantic Canada, Nova Scotia is a paradise for nature lovers with a dazzling array of unique fauna and flora to savour. The Bay of Fundy is home to a spectacular range of sea life, including dolphins, seals and whales, whilst the whole peninsula is blessed an overriding atmosphere or peace and tranquility.
The charming state capital of Halifax is home to much of Canada’s colonial history, with the Citadel museum detailing some of the most pivotal events in the country’s history. Elsewhere in the welcoming province, Yarmouth is the place to sample the laid-back Canadian hospitality and some delicious signature seafood dishes, including fresh lobster.
What you’ll love most about Nova Scotia
- Long stretches of sandy beaches – The province of Nova Scotia boasts over 8,000 miles of coastline
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bay of Fundy by kayak. You can even dine on the ocean floor when the tide goes out!
- The Cabot Trail, voted one of the world’s most scenic drives, offers jaw-dropping coastal views
- Cape Breton Highlands boasts 26 hiking trails, six incredible beaches many look-off points waterfalls, world class golf and a decent choice of campgrounds
- No beacon is as photographed or as well known as the one in the vibrant fishing village of Peggy’s Cove
- An abundance of deliciously fresh seafood and wine tasting opportunities