Hurghada offers visitors the chance to explore the many delights of Egypt from a sophisticated resort on the Red Sea. With twenty kilometres of beautiful palm-fringed sands, Hurghada contains hundreds of luxury hotels and quality restaurants along its coastline, and offers a wide array of attractions. From the historic bazaar and mosques of the old city to the marina and yachts of the more modern district of Sakalla, Hurghada has something for everyone.
Hurghada has become particularly known for its watersports, and visitors can enjoy diving and snorkelling in tranquil turquoise waters and explore the tropical fish, coral gardens and even the odd shipwreck. With miles of unspoiled silky pale sands and a gentle shelf into the Red Sea, Hurghada is a perfect destination for families looking to visit the wonders of Egypt.
What you’ll love most about Hurghada
- Go snorkelling or scuba diving to explore the colourful coral reefs and diverse marine life, including tropical fish, sea turtles, and dolphins
- Take a desert safari and experience the thrill of riding a quad bike or a dune buggy across the desert landscape
- Visit the Giftun Islands, a group of small islands just off the coast of Hurghada, and enjoy the pristine beaches and clear blue waters
- Enjoy water sports activities such as windsurfing, kiteboarding, and parasailing
- Enjoy some traditional Egyptian food, such as koshari, ful medames, and taameya, at a local restaurant or street vendor
- Relax on the beaches of Sahl Hasheesh or Makadi Bay, both located just a short drive from Hurghada