Whether you’re looking for the best diving in the Caribbean, a hiking trip through the rainforest, or simply to soak up the sun and breathe in the fresh rainforest air, Dominica has it all in abundance. The Nature Island has everything from extreme sports to eco tours, from spas to whale watching, plus the Morne Trois Pitons National Park—the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in the Caribbean.
What you’ll love most about Dominica
- This island has a volcanic landscape, yet is so amazingly lush. Think Hawaii meets Costa Rica!
- Aside from chilling on the beaches, there’s so much more to the island such as river tubing and canyoning
- Waterfalls are plentiful. Take a short trek followed by a dip in an emerald green pool
- Marine life is in abundance here. It’s one of the top diving destinations in the world for a reason
- Cooking schools are available, taken in a local’s home. A superb way to learn how to cook Creole cuisine
- Dominica’s waters are home to over 20 species of whale. A whale-watching tour is definitely a must