Lying just 30 minutes by air northwest of Antigua, St Kitts and neighbouring island Nevis offer pristine shores and colonial heritage in abundance. It’s the air of tranquility that makes these islands so special, and yet there’s so much to do here for the eco-conscious. Scenic hiking trails lead you through acres of St Kitt’s lush Wingfield-Phillips rainforest and to Mount Liamuiga volcano’s hot springs for a relaxing soak. Maintain a gentle footprint and you may see monkeys, mongoose, lizards and colourful birds. Cycling, horseback riding and water-based activities such as sailing and snorkelling are recommended on both islands too.
What you’ll love most about St Kitts & Nevis
- The islands are easily accessible from London Heathrow and connections to Antigua, St Martin San Juan and St Thomas are simple by air making it a great twin-centre holiday destination
- Beaches are powder-white, pristine and tranquil while the waters are great for reef diving and wreck dives
- Hop aboard the St Kitts Scenic Railway or the ferry between the twin islands for a memorable experience
- Hire an ATV, scooter, bike or join a dune buggy tour for a really fun day out
- The Strip on Frigate Bay plays host to a mix of live music, dance, rum punch, delicious food, a roaring bonfire and warm, friendly people