Fancy an activity-packed trip where no two days are ever the same? One day you could be taking a picturesque stroll in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies followed by relaxation in the Hot Springs. The next, paddle by kayak on Lake Louise and end the day enjoy a barbeque around a camp fire. There’s so much to see and do in Alberta, and with some adventures more chilled than others, it’s a destination suited to all age groups, couples and families alike.
What you’ll love most about Alberta
- The Canadian province of Alberta is home to around 600 species of wildlife including bison, elk, moose, grizzlies and black bears, mountain goats and bighorn sheep
- There are so many types of terrain to explore here on foot, on a bike, or by horseback such as grasslands, mountains, forest and badlands
- Alberta is well known for its lakes. The must-visits are lakes Medicine, Horseshoe, Annette, Moraine, Maligne, Peyto and Louise – perhaps the most-famous of all
- Alberta’s incredible natural beauty provides the perfect backdrop for a round or two of golf. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge golf course is up there with the best in the world
- Dinosaur Provincial Park is UNESCO World Heritage Site where you can take a fossil safari and learn more about the 50-odd species of dinosaur that have been unearthed in the park