A cluster of islands in the idyllic Indian Ocean, the Seychelles are a vision of paradise which make the perfect setting for a luxury beach holiday. Popular amongst honeymooners for its magical setting, each of the country’s 115 islands is packed with gorgeous pale-sanded beaches and turquoise waters from which to enjoy a cocktail or a coconut in the year-round sunshine.
The main islands of Mahé, La Digue and Praslin also offer a chance to explore local life and sample the cultural diversity of the Seychelles, whilst Cousin Island is packed with exotic wildlife, including turtles, lizards and the warbler birds.
What you’ll love most about the Seychelles
- Relax on the beautiful beaches of Seychelles, such as Anse Source D’Argent on La Digue island, Beau Vallon on Mahé island, and Anse Lazio on Praslin island
- Go scuba diving or snorkeling to see the diverse marine life, coral reefs, and shipwrecks, and spot dolphins, turtles, and whale sharks
- Visit the Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve on Praslin island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the rare coco de mer palm trees
- Take a boat trip to see the uninhabited islands of Seychelles, such as Cousin, Curieuse, and Aride, and spot rare bird species and giant tortoises
- Go hiking in the Morne Seychellois National Park on Mahé island and see the rare flora and fauna, and enjoy the panoramic views of the island
- Visit the Aldabra Atoll, the world’s largest raised coral atoll and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see the giant land tortoises and seabird colonies