Set within the Pacific Rim of Fire, the volcanic wonderland of Rotorua is home to naturally-heated mineral springs, bubbling pools, geysers and crater lakes. Experience the best of Maori culture, dense fern forests, rapids and waterfalls. Head 40 miles north and discover the Bay of Plenty that stretches 160 miles east to west from Cape Runaway to the Coromandel Peninsula.
What you’ll love most about Rotorua & Bay of Plenty
- Rotorua township is central to intriguing Maori villages such as Tamaki. Here you can taste the exquisite Maori cuisine and learn about the ancient traditions in New Zealand’s most award-winning cultural attraction
- You can enjoy a range of health and wellness spas in this haven for relaxation and restoration. Soak in a steaming mineral pool then experience a traditional Maori massage
- Take a self-guided eco-tour along the crater walkways of Waimangu Volcanic Valley before weaving your way past the steaming cliffs of Laka Rotomahana
- Experience the thrill of white-water rafting on the thundering Kaituna River
- When night falls, join the Redwoods Treewalk for a Nightlights tour
- Hike Tauranga’s iconic Mount Maunganui and gain a 360-degree view of the Bay of Plenty coastline