Majorca is the largest of the Balearic Islands and has a range of delightful attractions to suit all budgets and tastes. The capital Palma is bustling with life and offers a combination of history and modernity with its Bellver Castle and Le Seu Cathedral rubbing shoulders with chic boutiques and a stylish contemporary art gallery.
The famous resort of Magaluf is the epicentre of the island’s colourful nocturnal activities with a plethora of bars and nightclubs, whilst those seeking less hedonistic pursuits can relax in the peaceful seaside village of Deia or discover the breathtaking scenery of the Tramuntana Mountains and the vineyards that lie in its foothills. Other options include the relaxing sandy beaches of Alcudia and the delightful bays of Cala D’Or.
What you’ll love most about Majorca
- Visit Palma de Mallorca, the island’s capital, and explore its Gothic architecture, including the stunning Palma Cathedral
- Explore the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and hike or cycle along its scenic trails
- Visit the beautiful beaches of Majorca, such as Cala d’Or, Es Trenc, and Cala Mesquida
- Take a boat trip to the Cabrera Archipelago National Park and discover its stunning marine life and secluded beaches
- Visit the Caves of Drach, a system of underground caves with stunning rock formations and a subterranean lake
- Take a trip to the Cap de Formentor, a scenic peninsula with breathtaking views of the sea and mountains
- Go on a wine tour and taste some of the island’s excellent wines, such as the Malvasia and Manto Negro