Few places in the world can claim to be quite as idyllic as the Cape Winelands. This beautiful region of wooded hillsides, river valleys, dramatic mountain passes and interlocking vineyards also boasts Michelin starred dining and, of course, some of the world’s most sought after wine. Explore the French colonial architecture of affluent Franschhoek with its boutiques, galleries and award winning cafes and restaurants. Close by is Stellenbosch, an area famed for its 200 wine and grape producers and over 150 tasting rooms. Follow Route 62 east to Robertson where your wine adventure can continue, or you can enjoy an array of other activities such as river cruising, visiting the wildlife sanctuaries and tastings at the Marbin Olive Farm. Holidays to the Cape Winelands are a true epicurean delight.
What you’ll love most about the Cape Winelands
- Visit the region’s numerous wineries and cellars to learn about the wine-making process and indulge in wine tasting
- Explore the region’s historic sites such as the Groot Constantia Manor House, the Huguenot Memorial Museum, and the Jan Marais Nature Reserve
- Take in the region’s stunning scenery from above with a hot air balloon ride
- Discover the region’s rich arts and crafts culture by visiting art galleries, craft markets, and local artisans
- Explore the beautiful landscape of Cape Winelands on foot or bike by hiking or cycling one of the many trails in the region
- Enjoy the delicious food of Cape Winelands by visiting local restaurants, markets, and cafes that specialise in the region’s cuisine