Famed for its vineyards and wineries, beautiful countryside, cuisine, upscale restaurants, luxury hotels and historical architecture, Californian Wine Country is the premier wine growing region located in the northern Bay Area of California.
What you’ll love most about California’s Wine Country
- The weather in the wine region is near perfect year-round. Very little rain – if any, falls in the months between May and October
- Combining a handful of days in the region with a city stay in San Francisco and some time on the beach around Monterey makes for a recommended holiday itinerary. Add Yosemite or Tahoe to the mix for the ultimate adventure
- The area of Napa Valley alone has over 400 wineries within its borders and thousands of acres of vineyards. Sonoma County actually produces more wine than the better-known Napa
- Take the Napa Valley Wine Train, renowned for its wonderful food and extensive wine list, as it winds through the Californian vineyards
- Great food and wine go hand-in-hand so it’s no surprise to learn that California’s Wine Country has some of the most exclusive restaurants on the west coast
- Besides wine-tasting and delectable cuisine, the region is a popular location for scenic bike rides, hiking and canoeing on Napa River