Garden Route, Winelands & Safari
Trip Commences: Cape Town | Finishes: Johannesburg, South Africa | 17 day self-drive itinerary
This itinerary will show you some of South Africa’s most beautiful scenery and finishing with a malaria-free safari at Amakhala Game Reserve.
As experts in tailoring trips to South Africa, Visions of Africa suggest places to visit including Hermanus, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and safari lodges. If you would like to tweak this itinerary please just let our partner know and they’ll help you with personal recommendations along the way.
Why You’ll Love This Trip
- Explore the top of Table Mountain, visit Robben Island in Cape Town and see the penguins of Boulders Beach
- Enjoy the world-famous wine region of Franschhoek
- Stay in beachfront guest house accommodation in Hermanus and take the opportunity to join a whale watching trip
- Make your way to Knysna, the heart of the Garden Route and choose from a number of outdoor activities to undertake such as zip-wiring the Tsitsikamma Forest or bungee jump from the heights of Bloukrans Bridge. You could even take a boat trip across the Featherbed Nature reserve
- Head out on numerous thrilling game drives within Amakhala Game Reserve and witness wildebeest, cheetah, giraffe and zebra
Learn more about this trip
We’ve teamed up with Visions of Africa to bring you this incredible self-drive of South Africa. For more info and to enquire, please follow the below link.
Experience even more in Africa
There’s a plethora of safari adventures to be had in Africa. From exploring Namibia’s mighty sand dunes at Sossusvlei to witnessing the mountain gorillas of Rwanda, there’s a epic wildlife trip for everyone to enjoy. Take a look at all the itineraries available from Visions of Africa below.