Western USA National Parks Loop
** £1 Deposit **Tour Commences & Finishes Las Vegas | 5 day itinerary | From £1,445pp
Deserts, canyons, lakes and valleys await on a five-day adventure through western USA’s most spectacular national parks. Hike through the diverse scenery of Zion National Park, marvel at sandstone spires in Bryce Canyon National Park, join a Navajo guide to learn about the history of Monument Valley and take in one of the natural wonders of the world at Grand Canyon National Park. Let an expert local guide share stories of the landscape and discover there’s more to each destination than what meets the eye.
Why you’ll love this trip
- Hike through the varied landscapes of Zion National Park, taking in views of massive canyon walls and red sandstone cliffs as you go
- Learn about the culture and history of Monument Valley during a Navajo guided tour, followed by a traditional homecooked, family-style Navajo lunch
- Stroll along the canyon rim in Bryce Canyon National Park to admire the out-of-this-world sandstone spires known as hoodoos
- Kayak across the waters of Lake Powell, weaving your way past fascinating rock formations as your leader shares stories of the lake’s history
- Marvel at one of the nation’s greatest national parks, The Grand Canyon, and walk around the rim, hike into the canyon or take an optional helicopter ride overhead
Day 1: Las Vegas & Zion National Park
Welcome to Utah! The real wild west is home to some of the USA’s most incredible scenery. Your adventure begins in Las Vegas where you’ll meet your group and local leader for a welcome meeting to fill you in on the days ahead, then hop aboard a private van. Get to know each other over a picnic lunch, then venture into the stunning landscapes of Zion National Park. Your leader will brief you on the various self-guided walks available within the park, spanning from leisurely strolls along shady tracks to something a little more challenging.
Day 2: Bryce Canyon National Park & Page
After breakfast this morning it’s time to make tracks for Bryce Canyon National Park – make sure your camera is ready to go as some of the views you’ll come across today are truly out of this world! Take a short drive in your private vehicle, then spend the morning hiking through the epic landscapes of the park. Walk along the canyon rim and marvel at hundreds of unique sandstone towers, known as hoodoos, that jut out from the natural amphitheatre. Relax while you enjoy a picnic lunch and take in your magnificent surroundings, then hike down into the canyon for a closer look at the fascinating hoodoos. We then spent overnight in Page.
Day 3: Lake Powell & Horseshoe Bend
Journey south this morning, driving through more spectacular scenery before arriving at Lake Powell. This gorgeous reservoir is certainly a sight to behold from the shore, but to really appreciate it you’ve got to get on the water. Jump in a kayak and paddle across the water’s surface, weaving your way through remarkable rock formations while your leader regales you with stories of the lake’s history. Back on dry land, set out for a gentle walk along Horseshoe Bend, taking in beautiful views with every step. Tonight we stay overnight in the nearby town of Page.
Day 4: Monument Valley & Grand Canyon
Start the day with a drive out to Monument Valley – one of the world’s most iconic sights. If this landscape dotted with towering sandstones buttes looks familiar to you, it’s no surprise – Monument Valley has been the filming location for many famous Western films. More importantly, this is the native land of the Navajo Indians. Once you arrive, you’ll transfer from your vehicle to a 4X4 jeep and enjoy a Navajo guided tour of Monument Valley, where you’ll have the chance to learn more about their rich culture and history in the area, before sitting down to a traditional homecooked, family-style Navajo lunch. We continue our journey onto the iconic Grand Canyon in time for a sunset along the rim!
Day 5: Grand Canyon & Las Vegas
Enjoy an optional sunrise at the Grand Canyon and some walks along the rim or maybe choose the optional helicopter flight over the canyon. Once you’ve had your fill of incredible views, it’s time to return to Las Vegas with a stop along Historic Route 66. You will arrive back in Las Vegas at approximately 4pm, where your tour will end at the same hotel it started at.
Travellers on Intrepid trips are required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8 am on Day 1 in Las Vegas. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary
2. On the final day, this trip finishes at approximately 4 pm on arrival in Las Vegas. You will be dropped at the same location as the joining point. If departing this day, please do not book any flights before 8 pm
3. There is no accommodation included in Las Vegas on this trip. If you wish to spend more time in Las Vegas, we’ll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information
5. Please ensure you have checked local state information regarding COVID-19 restrictions and regulations before you travel
6. During the months of November and December we are often unable to kayak on Lake Powell. Instead we will explore Peekaboo Canyon or Antelope Canyon by foot instead
This 5 day tour starts at £1,445 per person and includes…
- Meals – 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches
- Transfers – Private vehicle
- Accommodation – Hotel (4 nights)
- Zion National Park – Walks
- Bryce Canyon – Leader-led Walk
- Horseshoe Bend Visit
- Lake Powell – Kayaking
- Monument Valley – Navajo guided 4×4 Jeep tour including traditional lunch
- Grand Canyon National Park
Price based on selected departures (please note prices & availability are subject to change).
Please enquire below and one of Intrepid Travel’s destination experts will be in contact to discuss this trip.