The most quintessential of English settings, breaks to the Cotswolds boast rolling green hills and picture-perfect yellow stone hamlets replete with rose gardens and historic pubs. Head to the great outdoors for a trek across the escarpments or time your visit for a legendary race day in the spectacular regency town of Cheltenham. With a rich network of lakes and reservoirs breaks to the Cotswolds can include plenty of fun on the water from fishing to boating. Be thrilled on a close encounter with birds of prey at one of the region’s bird parks then indulge at a local farmers’ market finding local single Gloucester cheese, trout and hearty locally brewed beers.
What you’ll love most about the Cotswolds
- Take a walk through the beautiful countryside and charming villages, such as Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold, and Chipping Campden
- Visit the picturesque Broadway Tower, which offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside
- Explore the beautiful gardens and grounds of Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Winston Churchill
- Visit the charming market town of Tetbury, known for its antique shops and independent boutiques
- Explore the medieval ruins of Tewkesbury Abbey, a stunning example of Norman architecture
- Visit the Cotswold Water Park, a network of over 150 lakes and wetlands with a variety of recreational activities