A hidden gem of a holiday destination, the sultanate of Oman is steadily growing in reputation for its unblemished beaches and superb diving opportunities, not to mention its intriguing Middle Eastern culture.
From the tips of its jagged mountain vistas, which stretch down across into rolling sand dunes and 2,000km of unspoilt, white sand beaches, Oman’s stark landscape represents a beauty like no other.
Take to the vast dunes of Wahiba Sands, admire the verdant tropical scenery of Salalah and gaze across marine-life abundant waters, Oman’s natural splendour is the ideal complement to cities resplendent in grand architecture and bountiful cultural marvels.
What you’ll love most about Oman
- Visit the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, one of the largest mosques in the world and a symbol of Omani architecture and culture
- Explore the historic town of Nizwa, known for its traditional souks, fortifications, and the Nizwa Fort
- Go on a desert safari adventure in the Wahiba Sands, a vast desert that offers the opportunity to see traditional Bedouin culture and experience dune bashing and camel riding
- Visit the ancient city of Bahla, a UNESCO World Heritage site that is famous for its fortifications and pottery
- Explore the Hajar Mountains, a stunning mountain range that offers hiking trails, wadis, and traditional villages
- Visit the Al Jalali and Al Mirani forts, located on either side of the Muttrah Corniche and offering stunning views of the sea and city
- Go on a boat tour to see the Musandam Peninsula, a stunning region of Oman known for its fjords, mountains, and clear waters