What do we love about New York State (or Upstate New York)? It’s historic, it’s untamed and it’s certainly iconic. But more importantly, it’s anything you want it to be. We bet you didn’t know that Adirondack State Park is larger than Yellowstone, Everglades, Glacier and the Grand Canyon combined? Geographically, it lies directly west of the states that make up New England and it’s a great place to frequent while taking a road trip tour between New York City and one of the cities of Canada – such as Montreal, Ottawa or Toronto. So let’s go and discover what it is that you’ll love about New York too…
What you’ll love most about New York State
- Upstate New York has a huge number of national parks – 176 in fact. At 6 million acres, the Adirondack Park is the largest publicly protected area in the United States – three times the size or Yellowstone!
- One of the most stunning places in New York State is Watkins Glen State Park located in the Finger Lakes region. Walking the park’s Glen Gorge Trail, leading to mesmerising Rainbow Falls is a must-do
- Located close to the Canadian border soaring above the waters of the Saint Lawrence River, is Boldt Castle. Take a tour here as part of a Thousand Islands boat trip
- A “top, must-see-place to experience is the Hudson Valley. Here you will find sweeping rivers and gorgeous valleys cutting through a path of idyllic farms and small, historical towns
- Hit the beautiful beaches of the expansive Long Island – home to Montauk Point State Park and the upmarket Hamptons