A trip to Kazakhstan offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural diversity, and modernity. The country boasts stunning landscapes, ranging from the rolling steppes of the south to the towering peaks of the Tian Shan Mountains in the east. Visitors can immerse themselves in Kazakh culture by visiting traditional yurts, trying local cuisine, and attending folk performances. At the same time, Kazakhstan’s cities, such as its capital Astana and largest city Almaty, offer a modern and cosmopolitan experience with impressive architecture, shopping centres, and entertainment options. Whether you’re interested in outdoor adventures, cultural exploration, or a mix of both, a trip to Kazakhstan is sure to leave a lasting impression.
What you’ll love most about Kazakhstan
- Explore the ancient city of Turkistan, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and visit the Mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi, a famous Sufi poet and philosopher
- Take a trip to the Charyn Canyon, a breathtaking natural wonder known for its colorful rock formations and deep gorges
- Explore the Almaty region and enjoy the beautiful mountains and lakes, including the popular Lake Issyk-Kul
- Visit the Aksu-Zhabagly Nature Reserve, one of the oldest and largest nature reserves in Central Asia, and see its diverse flora and fauna
- Learn about the Kazakh culture and traditions by visiting a traditional yurt camp, attending a horseback riding show, or trying traditional Kazakh food, such as beshbarmak (meat and noodles)
- Visit the Mangystau region and see the unique geological formations, including the famous Chalk Mountains and the Valley of Castles