The largest of the Channel Islands is only 9 by 5 miles in size but packs in a diversity of landscapes and attractions perfect for families and couples alike. Breaks to Jersey benefit from a fantastic climate, perfect for enjoying the island’s beaches. There is also a rich collection of attractions from WWII allowing you to really experience Jersey’s history, like the Jersey War Tunnels, built during the German occupation. Stepping further back in time visit medieval Mont Orguiel Castle with its stunning coastal location overlooking a fishing village, and the Elizabeth Castle, built a mile out to sea. On breaks to Jersey for families, plan in a day at Les Mielles Funzone where there is laser shooting, mini golf, a jump zone and inflatable slide among other crazy activities.
What you’ll love most about Jersey
- So much of Jersey’s produce is local, so the cuisine is super-fresh and very, very tasty! You can join a culinary tour and discover family-run dairy farms, orchards, fisheries and a vineyard
- Hire an EVie bike and you can explore the island on two wheels. There’s a vast network of cycle trails and lanes to follow too
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the day on one of the island’s golden sand beaches. Find time for some surfing or perhaps a sunset barbeque
- Learn about Jersey’s wartime stories of occupation during WWII and its history from centuries gone by with castles and museums
- 20 minutes from Jersey, you can discover Minquiers sandbanks. Here you can partake in a yoga session, seeing dolphin pods en route