Whales, Bears and Vancouver Island Holiday
Experience it all, lively urban centres, remote wilderness destinations, unrivalled beauty & fascinating aboriginal culture. Plunge right in with a whale watching tour in Victoria, discover Tofino’s untamed beauty and a captivating stay at the authentic luxury wilderness lodge, the Sonora Resort.
Day 1 : Vancouver to Victoria
Collect your hire car and catch the ferry over to Victoria, BC’s capital city.
Day 2: Victoria
Experience a fascinating wildlife viewing adventure aboard a fast-moving Zodiac rigid boat. Afterwards, return to your hotel for an evening at leisure.
Day 3: Victoria to Tofino
Today’s route leads across Vancouver Island to the Pacific Coast, winding through ancient rainforests and provincial parks.
Day 4: Tofino
Board a Zodiac boat to take a captivating bear watching excursion. Enrich your experience with a visit to the Himwitsa Art Gallery.
Day 5: Tofino to Sonora Resort
This morning take the spectacular winding road to Campbell river. Upon arrival, board a water taxi to the stunning Sonora Resort.
Day 6: Sonora Resort
Spend the day enjoying this luxurious wilderness resort at your leisure. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy unlimited hiking, swimming, and tennis throughout their stay.
Day 7: Sonora Resort to Vancouver
Take the water taxi back to Campbell River and continue your drive along the eastern shores of Vancouver Island before travelling back to the mainland.
Day 8: Vancouver
Vancouver is one of the most multicultural cities in the world and has so many fantastic attractions to enjoy.
Day 9: Vancouver
Your tour ends upon checkout from your Vancouver hotel. Spend some time buying last minute souvenirs before heading to the airport for your flight home.
This 9 day trip to Canada starts at £2,830 per person (based on two people sharing) and includes…
- International flights from the UK based on economy class
- Includes seat selection
- 8 nights accommodation including 5* Sonora Resort (Relais & Chateaux)
- 9 day Intermediate car hire with Fully Inclusive insurance
- Day 2 – 3 hour whale watching tour by Zodiac
- Day 5 and Day 7 – water taxi transfers from Campbell River to Sonora Resort and return
- Full Board at Sonora Resort (Relais & Chateaux) – starting with dinner on day 5 until lunch on day 7
- Day 6 – Guided eco-tour or guided bear watching excursion (depending on the season)
- Use of Sonora Resort’s facilities
- Ferry on Day 1: Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay
- Ferry on Day 7: Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- A personalised Canada Roadbook containing essential travel information and customised day-by-day routing maps
Price based on selected departures May – October (please note prices & availability are subject to change).
Please enquire below and one of our partner’s destination experts will be in contact to discuss this trip.